These rules are designed to keep you safe and to make the blogging site a fun place to be.
- You are only allowed to write posts at school with the permission of your class teacher.
- You may comment on any post in the blog any time you like, but remember to follow the GOOD commenting guidelines.
- When you do leave posts or comments, leave your first name only.
- Never leave your email address or any other personal details in a post or comment.
- All comments will be read before they appear on the site.
How to write GOOD comments
When people take the time to write a post, it’s fantastic if you can find the time to write a comment to let them know what you thought.
When you write comments, try to keep these things in mind:
1. Be positive! Remember to tell the poster the things you liked about the post.
2. If you have any criticism, then write it down, but be positive. Use the ‘even better if’ style of feedback.
3. Just saying ‘cool’ might make the poster feel good, but even better would be saying why it’s cool. Comments can be read by anyone from all over the world – teachers, parents, governors, politicians, celebrities (!), so use your best writing skills and try to be as accurate as possible with spellings – take pride in your comments!
4. If you want to tell the poster about one of your posts, then give them the full web address to help them find it – if you’re really advanced, then include a link.
5. Perhaps try one of these comment starters… I can relate to this… This makes me think of… I discovered… I don’t understand… I was reminded that… I found myself wondering…
If we keep these guidelines in mind, our site will be a really fun place to publish our work.